I am not an expert on change management but I do happen to believe people, teams and organizations can and do change (sometimes in directions we are not interested in). It could be the change of seasons, it could be the people who have been entering my life or where I am in my current state, I am sure it is a culmination of all 3, I have been writing of growth, change and expansion quite a bit lately.
There is a process to change and when you are in an organization where you are looking to create and motivate change that process should be more structured. Some initiatives you may be looking to change:
- Mission changes
- Strategic changes
- Operational/Structural changes
- Technological changes
- Changing the attitudes and behaviors of personnel
- We first must review what is our current status and how has it changed and adapted to this point?
- Why did “it” change in that particular way and what were the driving forces?
- If we put a plan of action together to implement and manage change what are 1-2 core areas of focus?
- Who are the leaders to promote this change?
- What are the top 2-3 results we are looking for?
- Create benchmarks to judge successes and stress points and be able to continue to ADAPT your plan to move towards desired results
I relate it to when you go on a diet but you don’t tell anyone because you are the type of person who needs to have success on your own and privately first. So you may share with your friends and your family over time that you are really just looking to create a healthier lifestyle for yourself rather than your goal of loosing 25 pounds.